Thursday, May 17, 2012

Win Win - Thomas McCarthy - 2011



Two Amy Ryan Films in a row!

Win Win was a film that I really enjoyed (something that may sound obvious since I'm recommending it). It is an indie that has a lot to offer as far as mood and tone. It is a film that deals with very serious topics while maintaining a really high level of humor. The film presents wrestling in the most realistic way that I've ever seen, which is something I enjoyed personally because I'm a former wrestler and coach. This is all the result of an expertly written script by McCarthy.

The film's performances are done with expert timing and heart. Paul Giamatti and Amy Ryan are a believable and likable couple and they carry the film for the most part. There is also a really great performance by newcomer Alec Shaffer as the troubled yet talented high school wrestler.

Win Win is a rated R family film that is both intelligent and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment