Friday, May 4, 2012

Death At A funeral - Frank Oz - 2007



Since I apparently didn't write a recommendation yesterday I am doing two of them today to make up for it.

Before i go any further I have to be clear that this is a recommendation for the original 2007 Death At A Funeral not the 2010 Chris Rock remake.

When I went to check out Death At A Funeral I hadn't heard a lot about it. I saw the trailer and thought it looked funny so I figured I would go check it out. The film ended up being one of the funniest film I had ever seen.

I won't go over the plot too much as I don't want to spoil anything but the film revolves around a funeral where anything that can go wrong does.

The film has more than laughs in fact what I liked most about it was the ensemble of great performances and great characters. Each character has a goal and has both internal and external struggles. Frank Oz did a great job making each of these people likable and made them people that we generally want to root for.

No comments:

Post a Comment