Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pride & Prejudice - Joe Wright - 2005



I must admit that I went into Pride & Prejudice not thinking that I was going to like it at all, and then was completely taken by surprise by how much I enjoyed it.

What first impressed me was the beautiful cinematography done by Roman Osin. The static exteriors at times look like paintings and the interiors are beautifully lit. There is also a lot of long takes done with the steadicam, including an opening shot that really sucked me into the film.

The other aspects of the film are almost equally impressive including the performances. Kiera Knightly and Matthew MacFayden really breath new life into the two main characters. They are characters that have been done over and over yet something in this film made them feel fresh and real. In particulat Knightly who is more badass in this role than any of her other roles past or present.

No comments:

Post a Comment