Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Cousin Vinny - Jonathan Lynn - 1992


I am recommending My Cousin Vinny it is a funny funny film. It's not a technical masterpiece like many of the films I will list but it is one of the best written films that I've seen and has some of the best dialogue you will ever hear.

My Cousin Vinny is a classic fish out of water story about a loud mouth New York lawyer who comes to Alabama to defend his cousin who is wrongfully being accused of murder.

The screenplay by Dale Launer is brought to life by wonderful performance by Joe Pesci and Matisa Tomei (who won an Oscar for her role). Joe Pesci's loudmouth rude ways are put against a stern souther judge played by Fred Gwynne.

My Cousin Vinny is a film that will keep you laughing no matter how many times you have seen it.

1 comment:

  1. I did like this one. Another one that came out around the same time that was pretty similar was "My Blue Heaven", which is worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete