Thursday, June 7, 2012

Exit Through The Gift Shop - Banksy - 2010



I have some ground to make up due to a nasty cold that took me out of commission for a few days.

I will start with Exit Through The Gift Shop a documentary that really took me by surprise. Exit Through The Gift Shop is an inside look at the growing world of street art shot from a French outsider who becomes a successful street artist in his own right.

The film feels more amateur than most other major documentaries and I mean that in a good way. The film is shot mostly by the main subject a frenchman named Thierry Guetta (aka Mr. Brainwash). The footage was meant just to be "home movie" type stuff that is until Banksy got his hands on it.

Exit Through The Gift Shop is a well made and entertaining documentary that really shines a light on the beauty that today's street artists create and will make you look at graffiti in a whole new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment